- Parent Information
- Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language Therapy
What We Do
- We provide intervention for children/young people with communication and eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
- We work closely with school staff, parents/carers and other professionals.
- We provide training and support to parents/carers and school staff. With the aim for communication strategies to be embedded throughout school life and at home.
Universal Level Support (Level 1)
All students have access to Universal Level Support because they attend a specialist provision. This does not require a referral.
- Contactable SALT team based within school
- Signposting to other services and resources
- Advice about general speech, language and communication strategies
- Resources for school environment
- Resources to use at home
- SALT Team Resources’ see below
- Parent workshops
- Staff training
- Meetings with Senior Leadership Team
Speech and Language Therapy – referral forms are available at school reception.
Speech and Language Therapy Leaflet
SALT is provided by school staff every day in all aspects of school life. A referral to SALT is needed for Level 2+ support, see below.
How To Refer
Parents/carers and other professionals (e.g. Occupational Therapist) can refer to Speech and Language Therapy – referral forms are available at school reception.
We have an office in school, please call:
0191 229 6020or alternatively email: